One year in...
Creative Salem in its current iteration has just celebrated it's one year anniversary. On the heels of that great celebration which culminated with this years Artopia at Peabody Essex Museum where we brought together the city's biggest creative organizations in a night that celebrated the local "scene" we just wanted to share that we couldn't be more excited about year two!
Creative Salem was created to foster the local creative economy, creative professionals and all manner of creative endeavors. We work with and create all manner of events and opportunities for artists, fabricators, dancers, designers, dreamers and more. In the past year we have established and solidified relationships with Peabody Essex Museum, Cinema Salem, The Cabot, Larcom Theatre, Salem State University, Salem Jazz and Soul Festival (another great candidate in the voting) Salem Main Streets, Mass Poetry Festival, Salem Film Fest, Witches cup, Salem Spice Festival, Serenitee Restaurant Group, Northshore Community Development Coalition, NSMT, Nobo Magazine, Salem Theatre, the City of Salem Art Planning Department, Footprint Power, The Phoenix School and many more...
Creative Salem also works with over 50 local creative professionals to create local gallery pop ups and events as well as utilizing our network of creatives as a resource of trusted professionals for the enhancement of many local small businesses from start ups to established.
Creative Salem spearheaded the #artsmatter Salem coalition and met with government agencies to show the political leaders in Massachusetts the importance of the creative economy and how it directly effects quality of life and property values and can transform under performing and low income areas.
Creative Salem has been an integral part in creating and supporting many of the events that people have come to love and support. Our gallery listing is the only one in Salem that showcases all the local galleries and artists.
- PEM PM series - Media Partner
- Best Chef Salem - Event Planning and Marketing with Salem YMCA
- Salem Chamber Joint Networking event at A&B Burger
- Building Bridges through Music Fundraiser at Opus
- Salem Chamber Biz Baz communal artisan table
- Haunted Happenings Grand Parade - Float
- 181 Essex Street window decor for October in support of Salem Theatre's pop up theatre presentation. (volunteer)
- THEATRE gallery pop up event featuring over 50 local artists
- Rhapsody fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club
- Salem's So Sweet media coverage and promotion (volunteer)
- Salem Film Fest media coverage and promotion (volunteer)
- Salem Jazz and Soul Festival - Main Festival and Derby Square series... Media coverage and promo (volunteer)
- We are Salem community art project
- Painting under the influence fundraiser for the Salem Children's Charity.
- Promotion, marketing and photos for the Salem Children's Charity (Volunteer)
- Multiple members of Creative Salem sit on the Salem Arts Festival board
- Public Art installation "Hoops" and "Front Street Yard Art" Sponsor
AND THAT'S YEAR ONE!